Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Chasm № 1 (Themeless)

PDF PUZ Solution

Hello Crossworld! 🍀

This puzzle marks the first in the Chasm series of puzzles, all of which will feature wide open middles. If you've done my puzzles before you'll know that I love these types of puzzles with imposing, gaping maws in the middle. Part of the solving challenge in these grid designs is trying to find toeholds without much assistance from shorter entries. These types of puzzles are also how I got into constructing in the first place!

For this grid I originally tried getting this middle to work in a 15x15, but I wasn't happy with the fill in the corners, so I just...extended it. By bumping out the top and bottom and making it a 15x19 I was able to fit in some more long entries, including quad stacks in the NW and SE! Why not?

Thanks to Will Nediger for helping test solve. Ádh mór!


2 comments:

  1. Fun one! Tough, fair, very clean. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! 25 minutes for me, a solid challenge, but enjoyable the whole way through.

    ReplyDelete